My Nana Jan is reading a book called Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary to me. We read 10 pages at a time. The illustrator is Paul O. Zelinsky. I like the illustrations. They are realistic. So far it is all the letters that the boy writes to an author of the book Ways to Amuse a Dog. On the first letter he says their class read his book and " we licked it." Ha ha! From 2nd until he gets to the 6th grade it is the only book he reads. Ethan thinks the funniest part is when Mr. Henshaw writes a new book called Moose on Toast. Ha ha ha ha ha. I can't wait to find out more. It's going to be great. Also we're going to read 10 pages in the hot tub right now!
Made at Nana's house. And made by Nana and me!
Preston at 18
3 years ago
4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun, reading with Nana. I wish I was there to hear it read aloud too. I bet you will read a lot of good books as you grow up. Your mom will make sure of it!
I want to read that book. It sounds great. Maybe I will read it with Nathan
Fun Jeffy! Sorry you didn't have time to get in the hot tub. Next time!!
Ooh, I loved reading that book when I was your age. I will have to read it to Julia someday. I bet she would like it too.
Post a Comment